I believe government should serve the people, not the other way around. This means that:
- Gerrymandering must come to an end.
- Campaign funding should be capped in order to level the playing field for all candidates and to keep special interest groups from usurping the voice of the people.
- Ranked-choice voting will give voters the chance to vote their conscience and support candidates who really represent their values.
- Primary elections that use public funds should be open to all voters, regardless of political affiliation.
- Term limits ought to be put in place for all politicians. Career politicians have a tendency of feeling too comfortable in their positions and don’t always listen to their constituents. If elected, I plan on serving no more than four terms in order to make way for others with new and better ideas.
- Taxes are an essential part of government. However, rather than increasing taxes, these funds should be reallocated to best serve the needs of the people who pay them.